Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 4 looked like this...


We officially moved in last Saturday. This is what the house looked like Tuesday. Scary right? This was also the day that I almost sat on the floor and cried because I couldn't find my underwear. I thought I had done a good job of labeling all of our boxes...but apparently not!

It's been one full week in the house. Here are some discoveries...
  • A broken flower pot, salad spinner, cuisinart coffee maker and ironing board.
  • Our washing machine is flooding its soap dispenser.
  • A male carpenter bee is hovering over the middle of our deck looking for love.
  • It takes three trips to Home Depot to install one baby gate.
  • Nine month old babies can crawl very fast.
  • It's good to have a petite cat who can squeeze around baby gates.
  • I might be terrible at selecting paint colors.
  • I never would have survived this week without Grannie Apple.
Things are slowly...SLOWLY coming together. The priority at the moment is finishing up the kitchen cabinets. They need one more coat of paint before we can actually unpack all of our kitchen stuff. Andrew will be SO relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment